Friday, November 26, 2010

First Length Practice Test, Road ahead!

Ok, so right off the bat I was advised to take the practice test, I downloaded the GMAT Prep from MBA.com and all I managed was 500(Q - 17, V - 27)!

Quants is definitely my main worry and so is Verbal. Though I was actually expecting somewhere around 300! But seeing the scores on many forums, 500 is very low!

So now its time to get a study plan structured! I have two options -

1. Self-study(Forums, Blogs, Books, etc)
2. Join an Institute


I am more inclined towards the self-study option.. My biggest reason to not join a institute if I can, is because  -

  1. They charge quite a lot, from around Rs. 20000 - Rs. 30000($440 - $700). For half the price I can get almost all the required recommended books.
  2. I am not really sure as to how good their instructors will be or how will their course be structured.
  3. Lets face it, its very commercialized, they really don't care how much score we get. I may be wrong.

I visited Kaplan(Mumbai) but was not at all impressed by what I saw and from the interaction with the counselor. Same for Jamboree. Will be visiting Princeton Review next week and see how it goes. 

Next post will be my observation and experience of my first full length practice test! 

No comments:

Post a Comment