Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Study Update : 13 April 2011

I have wrapped up RC from OG-12 by completing the remaining 59 questions out of which I got 39 Correct.

I did in two sets -
First set of 21 questions, I got 19 Correct!
Second set out of 38, I got 20 Correct!

Overall in RC, out of 139 questions, I have managed to get 89 Correct which is  64%.

Observations on RC -
  • Focus and concentration is the key.
  • Read every statement, every word of the Passage as thoroughly as possibly as a lot of questions will really test as to how closely you have read the passage and the answers can be in any sentence of the passage.
  • Some questions the answers are right there in the passage and some will ask you to infer what the passage implies but is not mentioned explicitly. These can be tricky questions. 
  • Do a lot of RC questions if you can. But make sure you don't force yourself to do it. Whenever I forced myself my score went down. Now I understand during GMAT, under pressure, under time-constraint you may have to force yourself, but if you practice before, chances are you will be in a better position to tackle. 
  • Read a lot of books, magazines, blogs for longer durations at a stretch. This will build your focus, concentration and stamina.


No comments:

Post a Comment